Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Journey!

Ok kids...buckle up. This will be a LONG posting, but it'll get everyone up to speed.

Let's start with the photo that mortified me for months. Ok, ok, ok. It still does.
Brandon and I last spring. Big, tubby, gross...and miserable. I was at my heaviest here. I was about 260lbs, a size 20W in pants, and XXL or 18/20 in tops. Ugh. This depresses me now, but it was so much worse when I was still "there".

In September of last year, I was home for a few days to get together with some friends in New Hampshire. People I had never met in person, mind you, but that I have "known" for years. People I knew through a French Bulldog website and through the French Bulldog Rescues I volunteer for. I was really excited to be, but was about *this* close away from an anxiety attack because I just hated everything about myself. I was about 15lbs down from my heaviest weight above when I went there. The photos from the get together were really what set the ball into motion that something, ANYthing, had to be done (I know, the first photo should've been more than enough).

On October 26, 2009, Brandon and I set out to make lifestyle changes. Not go on a diet, but to change the way we live and eat day to day. This wasn't something that we could fail - this was FOR GOOD. We began living the low carb lifestyle by following Atkins. Atkins can be such a dirty word - people don't understand what the plan actually is. People have their ideas - eating bacon, eggs, and cheese until you can't eat anymore - that's not what this is. It's about cutting out sugar, grains, and other carbs from your life and replacing them with vegetables, low GI fruit, dairy, and other natural foods. No processed anything is allowed. Consume healthy fats, eliminate the bad ones. But, I'm not going to ramble about the plan here. Not the time or place, you see ;)

I'm not sure why, but I didn't take a photo in November. Oh well. So...we start in December! Here I am, down about 27lbs, and in between 18s and 16s.

On December 30, I managed to hit my first goal, which was to be under 200.

This brings us to January! Here is -45 lbs, and in a 14/16. Showing off some old pants ;)


February. -55lbs, or a 12/14


March brings us to -60lbs and a size 12


April finds me at -70lbs and in a size 10

Ah, May. -75lbs, and in my first size 8.

June is -75lbs, now all 8s.

July brings me to -80lbs...still an 8

And finally...to today. Well, not today today, but this was from Saturday. August. -85ish lbs. Still a size 8, but they're getting bigger. ;)

Ok. So now we are to current day. WHEW.

So...lots of changes made, lots of good results. On my way to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment