Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Food for August 12

Here is what's on the menu for today!
29.5 g net carbs, 1629 calories

My lunch salad includes 1 cup of red leaf lettuce, 1 cup of spinach, cucumber, red and green bell peppers, black olives, tomato, cheddar cheese, hard boiled egg, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It's in recipe form to keep me from having to add things multiple times.

Dinner we're having a "treat" side - broccoli cheese rice casserole. I steam broccoli, and make a cheese sauce using American and cheddar cheese melted with a little heavy cream. Usually we have it this way without the rice, but Brandon has been asking for it with rice..so tonight I will mix 1/2 cup COOKED brown rice into it.

Once I make the ribs, I'll need to adjust slightly for the sauce. Probably will add about 4 more carbs, but not tooooo too bad. I'm also not sure if I'll end up eating the key lime pie tonight. I'm not feeling well and probably won't be hungry enough for it. We'll see.

I've been staring at the Granny Smith apple on my desk all darn day. It was a leftover from my caramel and chocolate covered apple experiment the other day (no, I didn't eat any...I just wanted to make them). I sent them to work with my husband. I'm going to make some more this weekend probably. I miss baking and doing this sort of thing, so even though I can't enjoy them, I do enjoy making them! I'll spare my fellow low carbers the torture of a photo. Anyway...I digress. I won against the apple. We'll see who wins tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment